Forums » Suggestions

Cleveland.Poyer was injured on a nasty

• 1688 posts
    March 23, 2018 10:07 PM PDT

CLEVELAND -- Browns safety Jordan Poyer has been discharged from the hospital after one of his kidneys was lacerated by a vicious hit. Russell Okung Jersey .Poyer was taken to Nashvilles Saint Thomas Midtown Hospital by ambulance during Sundays 28-26 loss to the Tennessee Titans. The Browns said the 25-year-old Poyer, in his fourth season with the team, will return to Cleveland.Poyer was injured on a nasty blindside hit by Titans running back Antonio Andrews while covering a punt in the second quarter. Andrews had an unobstructed run at Poyer before delivering his violent blow, which was penalized.Browns coach Hue Jackson does not think Andrews hit was malicious.I think he was trying to do his job, which was block him, and he did, Jackson said. He blocked him. He might have led with his head a little bit, but that is what he got flagged for. That is part of this game.Andrews received a personal foul and will be fined by the NFL.Poyers serious injury is the latest for the Browns, who have placed 12 players -- including quarterback Robert Griffin III -- on IR this season. The team can bring one player off IR after eight games.The team said starting left guard Joel Bitonio underwent foot surgery on Monday. The Browns expect Bitonio, who got hurt on the final play of the first half against New England on Oct. 9, to make a full recovery and be ready for the 2017 season. Bitonio is one of Clevelands best players and his loss has forced Jackson to again re-shuffle his offensive line.Also, Browns center Austin Reiter underwent reconstructive left knee surgery Tuesday in Cleveland. Reiter tore his anterior cruciate ligament on Oct. 2 against the Washington Redskins, his former team.Because of the rash of injuries, the Browns have started three quarterbacks and played five this season. Theyve also had three centers, lost their starting kicker and before the season started, they lost defensive end Desmond Bryant, their sacks leader in 2015, with a chest injury. In addition, wide receiver Josh Gordon entered rehab just days before he was to return from a four-game league drug suspension.---Online: AP NFL website: http://www.pro32.ap.org and AP NFL coverage on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Desmond King Jersey . -- The proud fathers huddled near the Dallas Stars dressing room, smiling, laughing and telling stories while wearing replica green sweaters of their sons team. Casey Hayward Jersey . Spiller left Week 3s 27-20 loss to the New York Jets with a thigh injury, but fully practiced with the team all week and expects to be ready to go on Sunday. http://www.officialchargersnflauthenticshop.com/corey-liuget-stitched-jersey/ . -- Golden State Warriors coach Mark Jackson asked his players a simple question during Fridays morning shootaround: How many of them had ever been on a team 14 games over . ANAHEIM, Calif. -- Angels right-hander Garrett Richards played catch Monday for the first time since being diagnosed with a torn ulnar collateral ligament on May 6.Richards has been getting stem cell treatments in hopes of avoiding Tommy John surgery. He made 25 throws from 45 feet without pain.Everything felt 100 percent normal, Richards said. I know its just the first day, but I felt good so far.Richards began a strength program after imaging showed healing in the ligament. He had more imaging Monday morning and was then cleared to begin a throwing program. Hes aiming to be healthy for spring training next season.I went back in for another visit today to kind of make sure that what I was doing in the last 12 days or so wasnt compromising what we had accomplished. Everything checks up nice, Richards said. Even the areas we were more concerned about the last time were looking even better than last time. Its moving in the right direction and weve gotteen nothing but positive news up until this point. Caleb Sturgis Jersey. Richards hopes to get back on a mound in late September and pitch in the fall or instructional league to test his breaking pitches and face live hitters.I definitely need to test it before the offseason comes, Richards said. Ill have to compete and Ill have to be in a game before I shut it down for the offseason.Richards is 1/3 with a 2.34 ERA in six starts this season and was 15-12 with a 3.65 ERA in 32 starts in 2015. His return next season would be crucial for Los Angeles because Andrew Heaney and Nick Tropeano elected to have Tommy John surgery and will likely be out all of next season.Nice to get a bit of good news for a change, Angels manager Mike Scioscia said. Garrett is a guy who is important. Getting him back makes filling some of the other spots easier. Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys China Jerseys NFL China Cheap Jerseys 2019 Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys China Jerseys ' ' '